|1. 'Sometimes I suspect my Genotype is no longer SS' - 84-year old Alhaja Aduke
2. 'Now, what's the matter with my son - 'cardiac arrest' or pneumonia?'
3. what precautions do I take when exercising?
4. Editorial: Don't Pray When Pregnant!
5. Communication and Language Arts teacher Olayinka Abimbola Egbokhare
is so closely involved with sickle cell she needs to detach a little ...
6. 'I lived with SS 35 for years without knowing it!' - mother of 3 kids Sola Esho
7. Practice Makes Perfect: No wonder Dominique Friend became a writer!
|Jan - March 2009
|1. Famous Actress, newscaster Julie Coker relives son's gruelling struggle with
2. 'Sickle Cell can NEVER be eradicated' - Professor Olu Akinyanju
3. Once bitten, twice cocksure? Mrs. Arinola Abegunde wishes for more children
with sickle cell
4. OPINION: Would you permit your unborn child with SS to savour his life
experience - or would you RETURN TO SENDER?
5.Early Childhood Education would break the back of sickle cell - Dr. Martins
6.PHILANTHROPY: Kayode Olabode Taiwo Foundation (KOF) lends monetary
hand of support to families with sickle cell in Nigeria
|1. 'My Daughter was in perfect health for three years and then disaster srruck ...No-one should make light of
sickle cell.' - Karen Lerma
2. Sickle Cell crises on the footsteps of Jesus: Woman recalls harrowing pain crises on pilgrimage to Israel
3. Ability in Disability: Jumoke Akinremi proves the human spirit can rebound after unexpected
4. Who Feels It, Knows It: Doctor with sickle cell in the family tells professor with no sickle in the family:
'YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT SICKLE CELL!
5. Marry, We Fear Thee Not: a couple's resolve to unite in spite of being with sickle cell in different forms
6.Testimony: persons and families challenged by sickle cell tell of their life's journey
|April - June 2009
|July - Sept 2009
|1. Water, water everywhere and every drop to drink: : The huge benefits of water for sickle cell
2. Ken West: Young Folks with SCD must not give up on their dream
3. Coping With Negative Emotions in Sickle Cell: Chudi T. Mokebe gives advice on how to deal with
negative ideation following the diagnosis of sickle cell
4. Economics of Survival:: The financial cost of surviving sickle cell to adulthood
5. Teaching Children About Inheritance: recent illness affords Dad opportunity to tell his children about
6.Help & Advice: 'Men Flee when I inform them of my genotype'
6.'Why former Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria, Abiola Bashorun would not mind marrying a man with
|All copies available in electronic format, each costs $1.00 only
|SPACE FOR SALE
6 months/9 months/12 months (renewable)