|1. Double Trouble For Orphan: Living with sickle cell, living with HIV/AIDS
2. 'Only God Can Feel This Pain' - Ade Aluko, 29
3. 'The Withering Tree May Outlive the Sapling' - young mother facing rejection by spouse
4. 'Cure for SS now available, but you don't jump into raging sea just because you have a life
jacket. Caution is still the watchword' - Dr. Leke Pitan, former Lagos State Commissioner for
5. Help and Advice: I refused treatment for TB/My friend wants to avoid the sickle cell gene at
all costs - her strategy disturbs me!
|July - Sep 2008
|Oct - Dec 2008
|1. Sickle Cell Disorder - what it is, what you can do about it
2. Why you should know your genotype before marriage - Dr.
3. 'How I overcame priapism-induced impotence' - Eddie Diaso
4. 'Next time around, God should make me a 'sickler'' - Della Seneadza
5. 'My 78-year battle with sickle cell' - Pa Olajiire Omosanya
6. 'I'm in Pain 24/7, but Sickle Cell Can't Stop Me' - Chairman,
7. Genetic Counsellors in West Africa
|1. A Family's Yoke of Pain
2. 'We Kept The Baby to Save Our Marriage'
3. PRIAPISM: what you need to do
4. 'No-one told me I could pass on SS to my offspring!'
5. Interview with Mayowa Adeyemi, Rotarian, NGO technocrat, Executive Secretary, The Sonny
6. Help & Advice: 'Am I right to lie about my genotype?'
7. Sickle Cell Clubs in West Africa
1. Vital Information For Teachers
2. Premarital Tests Become Mandatory in Saudi Arabia
3. Nassarawa State Provides Free Genotype Screening To Citizens
4. Historic Bone Marrow Transplantation Seminar in Abuja, NIGERIA
5. Ivelisse Morales translates MENACE IN MY BLOOD - my affliction with sickle cell
anemia into Spanish
6. How To Live With Sickle Cell Disorder (Book Feature)
|April - June 2008
|Jan - March 2008
|All copies available in electronic format, each costs $1.00 only